Sunday, August 26, 2012

Friday Food Pic

If I could, I'll bake every fri and show you some pictures of food I've consumed that very day.
Thus, blog post on every friday shall be known as 'Friday Food Pic' (FFP) (:

Huge Chicken cutlet w noodles $4 at a certain coffeeshop at Tampiness - opposite TP. One down side was that the noodles had this taste - only on yellow noodles. I call it the 'seap seap' taste. At aside, flavour of the black sauce was good - not too salty nor bland - and the chicken cutlet was crispy! Look at the chicken. Thinly battered and deep fried to perfection. It was really filling. Couldn't finish the noodles even though i was mad hungry. Note, this was a takeaway dish. 


So having the stomach filled, I decided to bake pie. It's my second attempt. The first was a year ago, somewhere in june, a cherry pie. Here's a pic!



So after flipping the recipe book, I baked this! 


 Really simple to do and I had to improvise with the rolling of the tart because I have no roller at home -.-
I fried the bacon, tomato and mushroom to remove most of the moisture and also, it helps to bring out the flavour of the ingredients, especially the bacon!


 In to the oven and tadah! Looks like a pizza, according to the old man because he said, 'wah! today bake pizza?!' Fail.

 Closer look..


I don't usually find food I baked nice and would only take a mouthful of it, passing the rest to the boyf. and e family. But this time, I took a slice and boy... pretty awesome! Not jelak and the crust.. love it! The cream in the tart wasn't too creamy either. Brother took second helping too.


Then again, I have no assurance if it's really as wonderful as I think it is. At least it looks good right? (:

*

The weather is pretty hot recently, avg tempt seemed to be at least 30 degrees. So why not head down to ABC Hawker Centre at Jalan Bukit Merah to have some awesome, cheap dessert?


Look out for this dessert stall : Jin Jin Hot/Cold Dessert ( All the way to the back of the hawker, opposite Malay stalls) They're pretty famous for their Mango Ice and Mango Gangster. There is always a queue - what's new. 



Decided to try their Mt Fuji - Red Bean Matcha at only $1.50! How cheap!! Look at the generous heap of red bean and how much condensed milk there is. Shiokness! The brother love it alot. You'll be able to taste green tea, no worries. It isn't just green colour flavouring.


Red Bean Ice at also $1.50. I can die right now..


Their signature dessert that most people queue for, Mango Ice $2. The mango cubes, no joke ya? Sweet and juicy. They add evaporated milk to have the creamy icy taste. Want to have something even better? Mango Gangster Ice $2.50 with a scoop of durian meat as topping.

Reasonable isn't it? Go try it! 

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment