Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Nandos @ Tampines Mall Review

Went to try the branch at Tampines since Bugis was a tad far for a last min dinner appt and Bugis service isn't exactly all good and friendly.


Tampines Mall #01-46


*

Went in during dinner time but we had the whole place to ourselves till about 7-ish before other diners started filling the place. It was just my friend and I, so we ordered 2 mains and 2 drinks!Bill came up to about $42/+-

1) Chicken breast fillet wrap w 1 side $11.90 (w/ Hot peri-peri level)
Side: Corn on the cob
 wrap was a lil on the crispy side which was not what I expected it to be. I like my wrap just slightly warmed enough.
 Lots of veg in the wrap: Lettuce, tomato, cucumber and their special mayo

 Looook at the chunk of chicken breast! :9

2) 1/4 Chicken w 2 sides of your choice $13.90 (w/ Lemon & Herb peri-peri level)
Sides: Spinach and Sweet potato mash 

Sweet potato mash was really good - some spices taste to it.
Spinach was a lil  :/ Not to my liking.

3) Rosa Fresca $4.90
Fusion of pomegranate, mint syrups, lime juice & Sprite

 4) Sparkling Apple $4.90
Didn't take a photo of it because the food arrived and I forgot -.-
*

If you feel that the marinated peri-peri sauce in the chicken is not enough, you can always grab a bottle from the counter to add on! We choose the Hot Peri-peri sauce. My friend don't take spicy food so this level was already a sizzling-hot-gonna-have-sausage-lips-soon level for her.

 The 1/4 chicken was a huge portion and it smelt so mouth-watering with the Lemon & Herb marination. Would love to try it the next time I dine at Nandos. I came across a table, a plate full of Lemon & herb chicken, gosh did it smell like heaven! So please do give it a try and if you're a spicy eater, just grab the sauce bottle use it like a chilli sauce! :)

The wrap would be perfect for a small eater and besides the wrap, you can also opt for Portuguese Roll or a Toasted Pita. I enjoyed having the Corn as my side - Juicy!


The service at Tampines' Nandos is ALOT better than that of Bugis. Servers were all smiles and ready for recommendation and the ambience of the place was slightly brighter than bugis' outlet. A great place for big groups to dine and have a catch up session!


No comments:

Post a Comment