Sunday, September 2, 2012

Friday Food Pic

Hello! I had a really great week! How about you?
Just to show you how does the henna look like after 5 days since Sunday's trip to Little India.
After a week, it's starting to fade away :( 

On friday, instead of baking, I cooked:  Spaghetti w Streaky Bacon & Mushroom (button ones) in tomato base. Did a Campbell Golden Corn w Quail Eggs Soup in a swift. Shiok max. This was a dinner for 3!

And on Saturday, I was invited to my close friend, F, open house for hari raya - it's been on going for 3 years alrdy and I always look forward to this day because it's a big gathering and her mother's cooking is one of the best. - and so I decided to bake the Blueberry Streusel Cake to show my appreciation to the family for having us.

It's a really simple recipe to follow and I kinda like it myself too (:

This cake can be savored on its own or together with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Just like this:

There's another version, Chocolate Streusel Cake in Chocolate chip topping


I found the cake - chocolate version - alil too dry to my liking though. But on the other hand, feedback given was not dry. Guess it really beats down to personal liking or maybe I'm just being very anal about the food I do. Shall do this again soon!

That's all for this week's FFP (Friday Food Pic). Have a good Sept and as the song goes, 'wake me up, when September ends.' Off for a nap! :D

Follow me on Instagram for daily food pics, @txjjean

No comments:

Post a Comment