Friday, September 7, 2012

Friday Food Pic

I won't be baking nor cooking today because I've to clean up the house - tedious work! So, I shall post some food pic on what I had for my late dinner/supper ystd after work.

Boyf. and I headed down to Chomps - Serangoon Gardens, if you're unfamiliar with the term. Ordered the usuals and a small cup of sugarcane juice. 


I will always order a plate of hokkien mee at this particular stall (the man standing infront of the stall in Black and red T-shirt). You got to wait for at least 20mins - 45mins. Yes, so long! So while waiting for it, might as well order some other food like Carrot cake? 

This stall sells awesome white carrot cake which I only eat at. I usually take black because it's sweeter with the black sauce (: It is located directly opposite the Hokkien Mee stall and the sign says AMK Carrot cake or something. They also sell Oysters.
$3 white carrot cake. 
Love the egg and how a crusty base is form. The carrot cake was soft and it's not all broken up into small bits and pieces. There were still some chunks of it.

What surprise me was they gave Prawns! Not just 1 but 2 for a plate of $3 carrot cake?! That's totally awesome. At first the boyf. said the prawn was probably an accident and it wasn't meant to be in there. But when we continue eating, we found another prawn beneath the bed of carrot cake. Now that can't be another accident isn't it? :)

So after 20mins, the famous hokkien mee arrived and I found it rather dry, tonight. Usually it's slightly wetter.

What's good about this stall apart from the long waiting time? This dish has the 'Huo Hou' and they give more mifen than yellow noodles. I dislike yellow noodles. I didn't eat any pork belly and didn't see any too. Maybe they miss it out? But there was definitely sotong and prawns!
Look at the curly worly noodles. 

The sugarcane juice was bought at 2 stalls away from the hokkien mee stall - First stall at the outdoor seating from behind. Comes in small or large. Small was enough for 2! Unless you're intending to eat up the hole place or something then order the Large cup (: 

That's all for FFP today! Next up would be a post on weekend breakfast with the family, Dim Sum.

No comments:

Post a Comment