Sunday, July 15, 2012

Fries Craze

Have you noticed that there's a fries craze recently?
Heard of "Best Fries Forever", "Ireland's Potato"or "What the Fries (WTF)?!" ?

Well, Best Fries Forever is located at Cineleisure's basement or Raffles shopping centre. You must have come across it because whenever I'm at that area, I see people having a cup of fries with different flavoured sauce, munching away. Looks totally good. Here's a picture of Best Fries Forever's Menu:

Have tried (they allow food tasting, but no double dipping!) the Ole Ole flavour, Nacho Cheese and Friendly Fire. Prefer Ole Ole out of the 3. One day, I'll give it a try (when I'm not full) :D

Ireland's Potato, on the other hand is a fries chain that has venture into Macau, Taiwan, Malaysia, Thailand etc. So far, I've only seen it at Bugis+, used to be known as the Iluma Shopping mall opposite Parco Bugis Junction. Food tasting was also allowed and they had rather unique dips like Yogurt Cream and Honey Mustard! Here's a picture of the leaflet I got from them. Notice they even have seaweed powder under 'Crazy Taste'? There's no need to wait for the MacDonald's promotional item of seaweed shaker fries. Just pop by Ireland's Potato and you'll have it.

Made an order of Honey Mustard and I couldn't stop saying how much I love it. really tasty! Whets the appetite ya'know. And their fork is actually their logo which was pretty cute. The honey mustard dip given was generous and fries was cripsy hot so everything was very good altogether. Would go back and try other flavour, maybe the Plum & Pepper Powder. Sounds interesting..

Anyway, here's a picture of the honey mustard dip with fries.

Next up is JCube's What The Fries?! Same concept of fries in a cup with sauce/dip, whichever term you prefer.


I tried their Spicy Sweet Thai, and then I was like 'Wah! I like!!' Indeed it was spicy sweet. Goes really well with the fries! Also sampled the Nacho Macho Latino and Herbie's Mayonnaise. The hot dips can be sampled upon request which we did try the 'Grab a Crab' and ended up ordering a single combo (or you can choose double combo) for an additional charge of $1.50.

Though I've yet to try Best Fries Forever, I still prefer Ireland's Potato than to What the Fries because of the variety in flavours and it leaves a deep impression on me as the Ireland proverb says,

"There are two things in the world that can't be joked: 1. Marriage 2. Potato"

No comments:

Post a Comment