Friday, November 9, 2012

The Line @ Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore

Hi there

it's assignment week at school and i fell sick on monday! Boo, Had a running fever of 38.2 degree. FML! Was so touched by my friends (not even close friends) concern at school and of course, other friends who knew I was sick. (:

Anyhoos, had a dinner treat to The Line at Shangri-La hotel. Wasn't very fantastic IMHO. I would rather visit Buffet Town at Raffles Shopping Mall or Vienna Buffet at United Sq. Cheaper, and more varieties. I guess at The Line, it's more on the ambiance, the seafood - oysters, scallops, prawns etc - and the desserts. Oh, the laksa is also pretty good!

Okay, I'll show you some pictures. But the image quality isn't very good. Pardon me.
First, OOTD!

This is where the Teh-Tarik counter was. Read reviews that e teh tarik was good so I took one and yes, it really was! :D (See the lighting? isn't very good cause The Line theme is white and orange. So half of the area was in such lighting)

Pork Belly in fermented prawn paste, I think. Not bad but the meat was a tad tough.


 I went to the desserts section next. Hohoho! 


I saw a durian cake and was like MUST TRY! But when I went back, it was gone and they didn't replenish it anymore! :'(

This was what I took (clock wise direction): Some hazelnut, dark chocolate dessert (will have fever instantly), Opera cake which was pretty good, Mango shortcake (okay..) and Coffee Creme Brulee (very nice!)


Another shot of whatever cake this was.


This is the roti prata, naan section. Wasn't fantastic! I rather have my naan at the stretch of prata stalls opposite Beauty World

Took satay (Beef, lamb and chicken) - chicken was my fav that night - 
lamb, chicken and naan. 

  Pasta section. Taste like any other pizza. 


  Salad section which was not very popular even though it was so colourful and inviting to try.


This was my plate when I started taking the dish. Pork belly in fermented prawn paste, Brinjal (nice!), Cha soba - Ichiban serves better ones - and a sauteed potato which was omg!


Dim Sum section. Har Gao was pretty good! The other 2 which I couldn't make up what it was, was passable. 


 Laksa which was shiok! Had quail egg and a huge prawn! Gravy was very smooth and creamy. Likes! I didn't even put any chilli! Heard the satay beehoon was also pretty awesome. They had other cooked chinese dish like wanton mee and prawn noodle as well.


Sorry there wasn't any oyster pictures because I don't take oysters. But the boy was grabbing for the oysters and said it was really good. I tried the cold prawns though! Fresh and juicy! So the seafood is pretty good as well.

Anyway, they gave us a birthday cake to take home because it was the boyf's sis bday celebration and she was the one treating so, service was still pretty good I must say. (: Well, I heard each person was about $80? and I just didn't feel it was worth it. It's a free meal so what else can I ask for right?


That's all folks! Gotta go for a class in a few hours time! Have a jolly weekend! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment