Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Ippudo (Mandarin Gallery) Review

A week more to

TAIWAN!

Am so excited about it (: 

***

Sorry for the hiatus! Been really busy with school, work and I fell sick for the nth time this year. 
Awhile back, the boyf. and I went to try Ippudo at Mandarin Gallery. I really love the setting and they had long tables (which I was served to) where different groups of dinners sit together when the individual tables are taken up. So it gets kinda awkward because if your partner chooses to sit in front of you, then someone else could be sitting next to you. Get it? Like a long canteen table! 


Love how they had different sizes and patterns of bowls up on a board as deco.


 This was the long table I was seated at. 


 So after settling down, looking at the menu, we decided on :
2 mains, a gyoza and a calpis drink (my fav!). 

First up, they served the Calpis. Very tasty like diluted yalkut! 


Then came the Gyoza - Ippudo Orginal Gyoza, which was pretty small in size but very juicy!
Alil different from what you normally get at the China la mian stalls.


Then the mains arrived. This was Shiromaru Tamago (ie. Flavoured egg!)
Decided on trying something really simple and boy I love the soup. 
Nearly finish it all up but was refrain by the boyf. Then again, he finished his share of soup -.-


My first tamago experience and I saved it for the last! Hahaha. 
Lovely texture from the yolk and the egg was pretty chewy. Likes!


Here's my 'medium' style noodle (choose hard, medium or soft for noodles texture).
I don't know what the bowl was made up of but the soup was still pretty warm even half way down eating.


The boyf's Shiromaru Chashu. Love the pork belly! 


 See the ratio 1: 1 of fats and meat? I 'sup' it up - even the fats!
Super love this but the boyf felt that it was a tad salty. Wasn't to me. 


That is all. You must be wandering why I didn't order the popular pork bun. I forgot! (shoot me!) :(
In any case, it was a wah-wah experience and I don't understand the hype of it but I guess their service is really good and the food is to my liking.

There was this diner who was probably trying Ippudo for the first time and had trouble with the menu, so he asked for help and the server was very patience, explained what's the difference in certain ramen dish and all. He even stoop down to the level of the diner when talking - eye contact is very impt!. Thumbs up for that! I mean some server will just stand and explain with you looking up to him/her. Found that lil gesture very comforting! Jap culture v Sg culture. tsk.

Anyways, I would love to try out other ramen and may return to Ippudo soon - for the pork bun. The boyf isn't very keen to this though. He says there isn't a big diff between this and Ramen Play! -.-

Have you tried it? What's your verdict?




No comments:

Post a Comment