Thursday, October 11, 2012

Lost & Found


10 years ago (give and take), my family used to patronise a particular duck stall at Sin Ming Rd. It was in the coffeeshop where Aston's is at Thomson Prata House & Salted Caramel.

Whenever my dad buys a roasted duck back, he'll tell the uncle to leave the drumstick alone because it will be mine. I love having my duck rice with drumstick using hands! Yes, like a glutton! :D Sadly, the uncle shifted.

My dad's a cabby so you know how cabby knows all the good food around Singapore. So he FOUND that duck stall! It's now at Stirling Rd, at a very old school coffeeshop.



 This wanton mee stall also looks good! Order a bowl of wanton and oh boy! the soup was so delicious! According to the father, alot of people will queue for the wanton mee during lunch!

Anyway, this is the duck stall (opposite end of the wanton mee's). Soya Chicken and Roast Duck.
We ordered half a duck, braised beancurd and roast pork, for 5 pax. Uncle gave us a big bowl of soup too! (:


The only roast pork I eat. Crispy skin, equal distribution of fats! Pork was alil salted which was very appetizing  Sedap!

Roast duck! Sauce wasn't too overwhelming nor jelak and the skin, oh goshh. Pls kill me! I ate all the skin! 


Close up of the meat! 


I was a very satisfied kid at the end of the meal! Oh, did I mention that the chilli sauce the Uncle has is also very good? Complements the duck meat! Always, always have it with the chilli sauce! I had 2 servings of it. 

Really glad my dad found this duck rice stall and I'm very sure, we'll be back for more duck meat (I always prefer duck to chicken!). 


No comments:

Post a Comment